Your Parent Council is made up of a group of volunteer representatives of parents/carers whose children attend the Academy.
What is a Parent Council?
It’s simply a group of parents/carers and members of the teaching staff, pupils and local community who work together for the benefit of the pupils at their school. Our PC:
- Works in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school, which is inclusive for all
- Promotes partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents
- Develops and engages in activities which support the education and welfare of pupils
- Communicates with the Parent Forum using our email account and shares the Minutes of Meetings on the school’s website
- Identifies and represents the view of parents on all matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils
Can I come along to a meeting?
All parents/carers with pupils at the Academy are very welcome to come along to all Parent Council meetings. They are informal get-togethers and there is only one per term! Come along to find out what’s happening in school and share your views.
Who will be there?
In addition to members of the Parent Council:
- The Head Teacher is invited along as an Advisor
- Members of the Pupil Council attend to represent the views of the Pupil Council
- The local Councillor comes long to share updates from Council discussions
- Representatives from the teaching staff may also be there to share recent or planned changes to policies/extra-curricular activities
- Guests could also be invited along depending up on the items on the Agenda
Can I come along to meetings but not become a member of the Parent Council?
Definitely! Your views and opinions are really important to ensure issues discussed reflect as many voices as possible from the Parent Forum. The only difference between a member of the Parent Forum and a member of the Parent Council is the ability to vote; this can only be done by Parent Council members.
How do I become a member of the Parent Council?
Just come along to a meeting and let us know! There are no formal voting procedures – the more the merrier!
What do you do?
We work in partnership with representatives of the Academy’s teaching staff and pupils for the benefit of all pupils at the school. Any individual concerns should be raised with the Guidance Teachers. We represent the views of the Parent Forum in a variety of ways by:
- Active involvement in the recruitment of senior staff
- Participating in the development of school policies
- Contributing towards the school’s Improvement Plan
- Discussing the design of the new community campus through membership of the stakeholder group
- Assisting with extra-curricular activities
- Organising social and fundraising events
- Talking about anything of interest to parents/carers
What are your plans for the future?
It’s your Parent Council and we would like to hear from you. Do you have an idea for a fundraising event or do you have skills you would like to share, are you involved in a local business and could offer work experience etc.?
We need your thoughts/views/opinions to ensure we make the best use of our meetings, so please get in touch using by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why not add the Parent Forum Inverurie Academy Facebook page as a favourite and keep up to date with news from the school?
We would love to welcome you along to our next meeting on Wednesday 26th April at 6.30pm in the School Meeting Room!
See you there!
Inverurie Academy Parent Council
Please note that views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of Inverurie Academy or Aberdeenshire Council